Thursday 24 January 2013

Parisian Love Notes: the perfect kit for romantic crafting


Hi, hi, hi.

If you've ever browsed around my Etsy shop [or through my products stocked at SkyBlueRed Studio in Guisborough, N.Yorks] then you may well have seen my Interesting Bits.

[Notice how I managed to say that with a straight face? Well, almost.]

Anyway, yes, Interesting Bits, they're fun, self-contained packs crammed with all kinds of things I've collected, hand-picked, combined, collated and colour-coordinated.

They're particularly good for those days when your hands want to be creative ... yet you'd rather not bother your brain with anything as complicated as 'options' and 'choices'.

You know what I mean.

So, all you need to do is select a paper, an embellishment or two, a label, a ribbon... and voila [that's French you know? For 'Ta Da!'. Im pretty sure of it...] where was I? Oh yes, voila! ... you've got yourself a card or scrapbook page etc in no time.

Today, in time for Valentine's Day [and in keeping with the French theme ... ] I wanted to share with you the Parisian Love Notes pack of Interesting Bits:
There's all kinds of  - appropriately enough - interesting bits here such as:
  • a vintage plastic feather
  • a vintage metal charm
  • vinyl heart stickers
  • camera design playing cards
  • fun drinking straws
  • a range of notelets
  • twine, ric rac, tags, buttons, gems and then there's all of this...
  • papers in coordinating shades of blue [all with an old-fashioned correspondence feel]
  • a set of 7 retro styled label stickers featuing the Eiffel Tower, dogs, moustaches, hearts etc
  • 2 airmail envelopes [great for hiding journaling inside if you make a romantic scrapbook page]
You could use the kit to:
  • Send some decorated and embellished snail mail - maybe a love note, maybe happy mail or a postal swap;
  • Create a Valentine's card or a more general greeting with a French twist;
  • decorate a mini-book of photos from a romantic trip or special meal OR
  • simply add it into your existing stash giving it a boost of something new.
And, finally, if I may make a special case for 2 particular ribbons in this kit ...
.. the two furthest right are actually woven from a wonderful silky thread and they just feel special.
  • you could make some lovely hair accessories with them;
  • or maybe a brooch or a rosette?
  • or just some very simple bows for any of your paper or fabric-craft projects.
I found them over a year ago now, nestled in one of my favourite haunts, the sewing/knitting section of a fantastically old-fashioned charity shop in a local seaside town.

I don't know if they've any real age to them, but they always make me think of the kind of tie some handsome leading man might have worn in an old movie ...

Anyway ... if you'd like to create something for your own leading man this Valentine's Day ... and if you've fallen for the 'Parisian Love Notes' kit then there are currently 2 available here for just £9.00 each. [I would think that if you're buying from the UK your kit would arrive in plenty of time for you to make something by the 14th ... outside the UK? I daren't promise anything.]

OK, it would appear the romance of the kit is having an effect on me as I think I may need to go and find me some Cary Grant now ...

See you soon, you crazy romantic you.

Julie :-)

------------------------------------------------------

p.s: There's lots of other kits on the shelves [particularly the Message In A Bottle] which you could use to create a bespoke romantic gesture. But, if you're not creative yourself ... I've made some romantic wall-art which would be perfect to give to someone special which can be found here.

p.p.s: Over on my Facebook page I've got a few questions on the go [one about ribbons the other about a new blog series I'm writing] and I'd love your opinions!

If you don't use Facebook, you can still check out the questions over there and respond via another method [ie. a comment here, on Twitter @notesonpaper, via carrier pigeon ... you know the drill.] Thank you!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.