Tuesday 22 June 2010

Show + tell: 'Summertime Treats' mini album

Hi, hi, hi. Is the sun shining out there yet? Have you had cause to dig out your summer wardrobe yet or even splash out on somehting new to assist you through the heat?

It's been lovely here today, 19 degrees C in my tiny garden right now as I type in fact. So I'm blogging, outside in the sunshine, wearing a new frock and new sunglasses ... so, in short, I'm happy!

As you might already know I've been guest designing for the Which Crafts? blog this month and today they've featured the 'Summertime Treats' mini album I made using their 'Strawberries & Cream' kit: Do drop by to see my complete album in this post on their blog and to see the full kit which I'm pretty sure the crafters amongst you would llike. It certainly went down well at my local crop where I began working on my album. The Martha Stewart fabric strawberries were especially popular and I'm not surprised, they're very attractive:
I liked one of them in particular so much that I held it back form the album to turn it into ... into something I'll show in when I've made it!

Until then, here's a couple of quick 'how to's which show how I put together the front cover of my album and a pocket inside.

Click on the images to view a larger, readable versions.
The front cover:
The fabric pocket:
Right then, I'll leave you to your strawbs and cream while I catch up with some online bits and pieces ... in the sunshine! Ahhhh if only it could be like this for 10 months a year ... just think how often I'd be in a good mood ..... ;)

Jx

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - good enough to eat! Love that pocket (I'm a fan of pockets) too. Off to see the whole thing ... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish summer wasn't quite so hot here...you sound so happy that it's summer and i wish i was too. it's over 100F here in texas. ick.
    i love your refreshing pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.