Thursday 8 April 2010

Overheard: Please, spare me the details.

Again, this is not strictly an 'overheard' as it's something I heard in good faith while taking lecture notes in the weird and wonderful goldmine that is ... the games department.

Sometimes, mid-lecture tutors divert from the information they're delivering, drift into the past and begin recounting 'back-in-the-day' type tales. Some such tales are more worthy of being caught writing them down than others.
I consider this nasally offensive nostalgia trip particularly worth it:

Lecturer, reminiscing:
We even had a scratch and sniff text based game.

It was disgusting….

[Pause]

There was even a ‘lewd’ mode ….


Thankfully [or perhaps not] he left the precise details of what scent that entailed to our own imagination.


Photo details: Advertisement in Elle UK magazine.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I'm hazarding a guess that it was not the scent of fuchsia that your picture shows!
    My curiousity is aroused now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just wondering what 'lewd' is meant to smell like.. but I'm not sure I want to be thinking about it too deeply. yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the thought of scratch 'n' sniff Lenor samples. The last bottle of fabric conditioner I bought smelled nasty!
    (am resisting the temptation to pass comment on 'lewd' sniffs!) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.